My matching bonus interview
Ready, set, Tash: the first marathon in a TV producer's box
Very soon, in September, one of the most anticipated running events of this year will take place - Promsvyazbank Moscow Marathon. On the eve of this significant event for the running community, we managed to talk with the ambassador and participant of this year's marathon, famous TV presenter and entrepreneur Tash Sargsyan, and find out how his preparations for the first marathon distance in his life are going.
Photo: Moscow Marathon
- This year you are preparing for your first marathon with might and main. How is the preparation going and what does it basically consist of?
- The preparation itself began 5-6 months before the marathon. I train with a coach - Alexander Polushkin, and my training is not only running, for example, on those days that are allocated for me for rest, I walk 10,000 steps in the morning. Of course, I have a special training plan, according to which we are engaged. I believe that due attention should be paid to a medical examination and consultation with professionals, since the marathon distance is a great stress for the body and it is important to find the right approach to it.
- What do you plan to support along the way marathon? Have you already calculated at what stages of the distance you will need additional energy?
- I recently ran a training half marathon. At a distance of 21.1 km, I reinforced myself with gels every 5 km, I have not yet chosen the tactics for the marathon. But I definitely decided that I will not take any additional liquid with me, I think there will be enough water at drinking points.
Photo : Moscow Marathon
- Last year you ran a half marathon in Amsterdam. How does it feel? How comfortable was it to run in Europe?
- I have already said this many times and I will repeat that it was very pleasant to run in such an unusual and atmospheric place. Fans gathered along the course and supported the runners. It seems to me that support is very important, and I hope that the Moscow Marathon will gather no less spectators and fans at a distance.
- Do not plan to add another European one to the treasury in the near future distance?
- Of course, I would like to. Perhaps it will be Tokyo, London, New York or Boston. I hope that it will be possible to implement it.
Photo: Moscow Marathon
- If you could give advice to a person who is just starting to run, what would it be like?
- Don't be afraid to try and ask anything. Pay due attention to working with the trainer, listen to him.
- A question for you not only as a runner, but also as a restaurateur. What should a correct and balanced breakfast consist of?
- It seems to me that it is very important to understand that everyone's body is individual. Someone used to runin the morning on an empty stomach, for some it seems wrong. I always try to eat breakfast before jogging, throw in the right amount of carbohydrates in order to start the metabolic process. But, again, everything is individual. And both in the training process and in the process of drawing up a nutrition plan, it is important to build on your own characteristics and consult with professionals who can help you.
Become a member of Promsvyazbank Moscow Marathon.