Morning vs Evening | Best Time of Day to Workout
Morning, evening or night: when is it most effective to exercise?
Everyone who wants to get the most out of their training sooner or later faces the question of when is the best time to train. The answer to it depends on a large number of factors: daily routine, diet, habits and many others. We tried to find out what you need to pay attention to in order to plan the most optimal time for sports.
What determines the training time?
First of all, it is worth mentioning here such a concept as circadian rhythms. These are the internal states of our body, which are transformed during the day. For example, it is known that body temperature ranges from 36 ° C in the morning to 37 ° C closer to the night. In addition, the level of cortisol in the blood also varies. It is a hormone that mobilizes the strength of the body under stress or heavy exertion. Its indicator, on the contrary, decreases in the evening.
These and many other indicators, such as fluctuations in pressure, pulse, heart rate, affect our efficiency at different times of the day, and according to circadian rhythms people are divided into owls and larks.
I should practice in the morning when:
- I work late into the evening and get very tired. By exercising in the morning, you can be sure that no work, family matters or fatigue will interfere with your workout.
- I'm not getting enough sleep. For a sound sleep, you should exclude physical activity at least 2 hours before going to bed.
- When I wake up, I feel overwhelmed. Exercising is a great way to invigorate.
- I get up early and go to bed early. Morning workouts are great for early risers. During this time, your body prepares itself for the load.
I should do the day when:
- I work in the office. Sitting all day is clearly not going to benefit your body. You can take sports breaks in the middle of the day.
- In the morning I find it difficult to wake up earlier, and in the evening I do not have enough energy. Then this kind of workout is ideal. Of course, if your work schedule allows you.
- I want to increase strength and gain muscle mass. Increasing body temperature in the afternoon is believed to be conducive to exercising for this very purpose.
I should exercise in the evening when:
- After a day at work, I feel energized. Often in owls, everything works the other way around. For example, the body temperature decreases in the evening, as a result of which the working capacity increases.
- I want to relax. The evening is great for yoga, light aerobics and stretching.
- I want to develop flexibility. The time from 16 o'clock is considered the most suitable for such training. During these hours your endurance is great and your muscles are warmed up better.
But do not forget about the possibility of training at night. Moreover, more and more fitness clubs are movingfor 24 hours.
I should study at night when:
- I prefer speed and strength training. It is believed that such loads work for you in the afternoon and until midnight.
- I am an absolute night owl, I sleep until lunchtime and get active at night. Doctors, coaches and professional athletes see nothing wrong with night training, which means you can exercise when you feel comfortable.
- My sexual desire increases at night. It is said to be the surest way to monitor the release of testosterone, which is responsible not only for libido, but also for physical activity.
And in order for you to try classes at different times of the day and decide for yourself what suits you best, fitness clubs decide to experiment. For example, for those who like to train at the late hours of the day, Crocus Fitness held a Fitness Night , where from 14:00 to midnight you could try yourself in yoga, Pilates, aerobics, salsa, CrossFit and even Muay Thai, as well as determine what time you feel most comfortable to train.