Meet Matcha, Your New Beverage BFF
Matchamania: why everyone is switching to tea in powder and how it is better than coffee
Matcha drinks are increasingly seen on coffee house menus, and this green drink has become incredibly popular among fitness bloggers, actors and models. Social media is full of pictures of the Hadid sisters with glasses of green latte, Kaia Gerber and Iris Lowe are preparing the match live, and Sanne Vloet shares pictures of her favorite drink.
Understanding what a match is, and why the stars replace it morning cup of coffee.
What is matcha?
Matcha is a traditional Japanese green tea powder, which is actually home to China. It differs from the usual one in a more complex growing process. Matcha is obtained exclusively from the upper leaves of tea trees. Before harvesting, the plants are placed in the shade to slow down the growth process. Due to this, the level of chlorophyll and amino acids in the leaves increases. The leaves are processed, dried and ground into a fine powder. The caffeine content of matcha powder is high enough, so it is advised to drink drinks from it in the morning to recharge your batteries.
What are the benefits?
In addition to color and flavor, matcha differs from any other tea by its high content of epigallocatechin, thanks to which this drink not only has antioxidant properties, but also helps to lose weight. Another important ingredient, L-theanine, makes matcha a healthy alternative to coffee. It slows down the absorption of caffeine and allows you to achieve an energetic effect, avoiding a sharp rise in pressure. People with an active lifestyle will also like this tea because it can reduce muscle pain after exercise.
How to make dalgon -coffee to make sure that it has not become popular for nothing
We are sharing the perfect recipe for an airy drink and its healthy variation.
Nutritionist, Championship expert Anna Berseneva also notes: L-Theanine is an amino acid with anti-anxiolytic properties that help stimulate alpha waves in the brain. They promote relaxation, induce a deeper sense of mental clarity and a more alert mind.
Imagine this ideal state of being alert, calm, and focused at the same time? This effect helps Buddhist monks maintain deep concentration during meditation sessions. I think this is a great drink to start a day at work or, for example, have difficult negotiations.
What to look for when choosing a match?
- The powder should be bright green. A dull cast may indicate poor product quality.
- Better knock outhost organic Japanese tea without additives and impurities. Be sure to pay attention to the composition and origin of the tea.
- The tea bag should be opaque and airtight to avoid direct sunlight, excess air and moisture.
- High quality matcha tea does not taste bitter or knit. Bitterness can be caused by the wrong brewing method, so please read our cooking recommendations.
How to make matcha latte?
The most popular drink based on matcha is a latte. It is easy to make at home, the main thing is to choose a good quality tea and get a special whisk.
List of products that will help replace sugar ... And with health benefits!
It turns out that the best sugar substitutes are syrups.
You will need:
- Chawan is a special bowl for Japanese tea drinking or other utensils of suitable size and shape, for example, a wide cup.
- Measuring spoon.
- Chasen - bamboo whisk.
- 2 grams of match.
- 50 ml of filtered hot water. Its temperature should be about 80 ° C.
- 150 ml of milk of your choice. We advise you to cook with vegetable, as the cow can overpower the taste of the tea. It tastes especially good with almond, oatmeal or low-fat coconut milk.
- Cappuccino maker or French press for frothing milk.
- If desired, you can use a sweetener such as honey or Jerusalem artichoke syrup.
- Pour boiling water into the chavan and beat it with a whisk to heat the dishes.
- Wipe the chavan and add 2 grams of tea per serving using a measuring spoon.
- Pour a little hot water over the powder and beat with a whisk, making up and down movements until the consistency of a thick paste with bubbles on the surface. The powder should completely dissolve, there should be no lumps. You can add sweetener to the paste if you wish.
- Boil milk and cool it to 80 ° С. Whisk the hot milk until a firm foam forms.
- Gently pour milk into the matcha paste.
It is important to drink matcha latte immediately after preparation, so that the powder does not settle to the bottom of the cup and the drink does not lose its flavor. And for hot days, the chilled version is ideal. To make it, replace hot milk with cold milk and add a few ice cubes at the end.