5 Steps to Finding the Perfect Cross Training Shoes
How to choose sneakers for fitness, running and crossfit
Many will probably say that everything is simple here. Do you want to play sports? Put on what you have and run to the gym. But if you are serious about your health and want to minimize the risk of injury, it is very important to be responsible when choosing your sports shoes. What's more, having the right shoe model can dramatically improve your athletic performance.
Nike Breaking2. Marathon in two hours
An experiment at the limit of human capabilities. Athletes are challenging the world record.
A properly fixed leg in a strength training shoe will allow you to focus properly on the exercises and not feel the discomfort of an unstable leg position. Running shoes with a thick heel will reduce the stress on the foot, even if your running technique is far from perfect. The list goes on and on, but let's look at each of the areas in more detail.
CrossFit is an extreme general fitness system based on alternating, sometimes random, basic movements performed with high intensity.
Peculiarities of choosing shoes for crossfit:
- a stable sole. During the performance of strength exercises, stability and reliable fixation of the foot are important. This is why sneakers with foam or gel soles are not suitable for crossfitting;
- clutch. Strength extreme exercises require good grip;
- air permeability. To keep your feet from sweating during super-intense workouts, your shoes should have a mesh upper and allow air to pass through.
There are many types of fitness, and new ones are constantly appearing. The similarity of all these areas is that they include aerobic exercise, fast movement, spins, jumping, performed at an intense pace.
Features for choosing fitness shoes:
- lightness. The lighter the sneakers are, the more comfortable it is to move around, jump, step up or do balance exercises in them;
- air permeability. Usually, fitness sneakers have a mesh upper as this not only reduces the weight of the shoe, but also allows the feet to breathe;
- flexible and soft outsole. The flexible outsole allows the foot to move as naturally as possible. The fitness shoe does not need a lot of cushioning as the shock load in the class is minimized. However, some softness in the outsole won't hurt. In such sneakers you will be much more comfortable.
Sneakers for running
Here it is worth distinguishing that, as many types of running, there are so many sneakers. And sneakersfor trail running in the mountains are radically different from sneakers for the gym or lightweight marathons. But still they all have a number of some similar features, which we will talk about below.
Features of the choice of running shoes for running on a track or flat surface:
- cushioning. Running shoes (with the exception of some special models) are always cushioned. It should be in the heel of the sole, it also happens in the toe. All manufacturers of quality running shoes indicate the presence and position of cushioning inserts;
- softness and flexibility. The outsole and upper of the shoe must be flexible and soft in the forefoot;
- running shoes are never made of leather or other poorly breathable materials;
- lightness. The weight of a pair of sneakers should not exceed 400 grams.
But that's not all. Just because a shoe is good for running doesn't mean it's good for you. There are several factors to consider.