Екатеринбург - Yekaterinburg: Russian cities, FIFA World Cup 2018, Ekaterinburg
Guides to the cities of the World Cup: what to see in Yekaterinburg?
We are gradually moving to the east of our country and continue to talk about the cities hosting the matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Today we will talk about the cultural and scientific and educational center of the Urals - Yekaterinburg.
How to get from the airport and railway station in Yekaterinburg?
Train station in Yekaterinburg is located near the city center, so there are usually no problems with transfers. See the train schedule here . You can get to the place you need in the city by bus, taxi or metro. You can find out the number and route of the bus you need on the website . The fare on it costs 28 rubles, as well as the fare on the metro. It runs from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m., so plan your route correctly. Line layout:
International airport Koltsovo is located outside the ring road (EKAD), that is, already in the Sverdlovsk region. However, getting from there to the city center is not difficult. Arrivals are given several options to choose from.
- Car rental. You can rent a car right at the airport and get to the city as you like. The company desks are located in the domestic arrivals hall, and by booking online you save up to 15%.
- Taxi. The airport management recommends using the taxi services located on its territory. They promise to find the best transport for each guest. Rates:
|City district||Cost (comfort)||Cost (business)|
|Khimmash, Koltsovo, Istok, Compressor, Poultry||500 rubles||700 rubles|
|Bus station, Uktus, Nizhne-Isetsky, Botanica, concrete goods, Bolshoi Istok, Siberian tract, Blue stones, Medical||600 rubles||800 rubles|
|Center, Parkovy, Yugo-Zapadny, Rudny, Vtuzgorodok, Vtorchermet, Elizavet, Shartashsky market, Aramil, Borodulino||700 rubles||900 rubles|
|Pionersky, Vis, Berezovsky, Krasnolesye, Academic, UC, Zavokzalny, Vokzalny||800 rubles||1000 rubles|
|Shirokaya Rechka, Sorting, Elmash, Uralmash||900 rubles||1100 rubles|
|7 keys, Field cultivation, Radio station, Karasienozersky, Mountain shield, Shabrovsky||1000 rubles||1200 rubles|
However, do not forget to check the cost in well-known and familiar applications for ordering a taxi (Uber, Yandex). This can save you a lot.
- Express Koltsovo . The electric train operates on the route Ekaterinburg-Passenger - Koltsovo Airport. He is fast andwill comfortably take you from the railway station to the airport and back. More. Fare: up to 60 rubles.
- Buses, route taxis. Railway station - Koltsovo airport. The interval of movement: from 05.30 to 23.30 - 30 minutes The fare is 100 rubles, baggage is 20 rubles. The schedule of intercity bus service with a stop in Koltsovo can be found here. And buy a ticket online.
- Transfer of groups. If you are traveling in a group of 6 people or more, a transfer service to / from the airport is available by minivan, minibus or tourist bus.
Where to live in Yekaterinburg?
Everything is as usual ... You have several options: apartment, hotel or hostel. On Airbnb you can find apartments at different prices depending on the location in the city. So, it will cost you 1000 or 4000 rubles per day. Prices for hotels and hostels also vary greatly, so you will definitely be able to find a suitable option. By the way, Yekaterinburg offers a large number of apart-hotels with a good location. The choice is yours.
How to get to the Yekaterinburg Arena?
The football stadium is located almost in the very center of the city, so you can get there on foot. The main entrance to the stadium is located on Repin Street. This is one of the central thoroughfares of the city. There is no metro station nearby, but buses, trolleybuses and fixed-route taxis are active here. And on match days, the stadium can also be reached by shuttle buses.
You can get to the stadium from:
- Airport. Bus number 1 to the stop Lenina Prospekt. The journey takes approximately 45 minutes. And then by buses No. 2, 25 or trolleybuses No. 3,7, reaching the Central Stadium stop. Travel time is approximately 5 minutes.
- Railway station. By minibuses №043 and 045 to the stops Institute of Communications or Central Stadium in about 10 minutes.
- Or on additional routes operating during the 2018 World Cup.
Recommended to visit
- Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. The monumental Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is located in the Novo-Tikhvin monastery. Its austere outlines, golden domes and high spire resemble the temples of St. Petersburg. However, they also have their own character. The cathedral looks very impressive in real life.
- Yekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts. The collection of the Ural Society of Natural History Lovers formed the basis of the museum collection. Later, works from the State Hermitage, the Tretyakov Gallery, the Pushkin Museum im. Pushkin. This is a place for art lovers. If this is about you, toh do not miss the opportunity to get acquainted with the Ural masterpieces.
- A dam or a dam of a city pond. Meetings and partings take place here, so this is a fairly significant place for the residents of Yekaterinburg. You can ride a catamaran or boat along the river, feed the ducks. On the other side of the bridge, skateboarders and skaters gather. You can watch or even join them.
- Weiner Street. This is a pedestrian street loved by many townspeople. It is even called the Ural Arbat. Sculptures and whole compositions have been installed along the street, shops have been opened and some historical buildings have been preserved.
- Sevastyanov's House in Yekaterinburg. One of the brightest and most impressive buildings in the Ural capital is the collegiate assessor's house. A really beautiful building.
- The literary quarter of Yekaterinburg. It is located in the city center and attracts not only literature lovers, but also curious tourists. More than 10 museums are collected here, its own magazine is published and constant educational and theatrical activities are carried out. Visiting this quarter, you seem to return to old Yekaterinburg with cobbled pavements and old villas.
- Church on the Blood. This is the largest church in Yekaterinburg and it was built on the site of the execution of the royal family. According to the architect's idea, through the opening of the iconostasis, you can see the place of execution of Nicholas II and his family. The temple is considered the main attraction of Yekaterinburg, so eminent guests are brought here for excursions. Also, Orthodox fairs are often held here and religious processions begin.
What to try in Yekaterinburg?
To traditional Ural cuisine influenced by Tatar, Bashkir, Kazakh, Slavic, Finno-Ugric national dishes.
- Steak - the harsh climate requires endurance from the body, and meat helps to get the necessary vitamins. That is why meat dishes are so popular here. Be sure to try the steak.
- Ural pies is a childhood dish. Closed, open, with a grid of dough, with a border around the edges and with a filling for every taste. Try exotic flavors such as buttered potatoes or pear and cheese.
- Bird cherry cake. Bird cherry is widely used in the Urals. Flour is made from it, which is the basis for pies. And, of course, an incredibly tasty and sweet filling.
- Mushroom dishes. In a good season, mushrooms in the Urals are incredibly large. That is why all kinds of dishes with their use have been invented here for a long time.
- Dumplings. Of course, dumplings. After all, this is an original Ural dish. And now you can taste not only meatny, but also with absolutely any filling!
What to bring from Yekaterinburg?
Yes, you can bring another magnet, postcard or plate. But get some imagination. And we will help you with this.
- Products from the Ural stones. Malachite boxes, products from semi-precious and semi-precious stones, antiques, paintings. However, there is little malachite left in the Urals, so the products in the souvenir shops are only copies of the real ones. Handicrafts made of coil, listvenite, and jasper are considered to be truly Ural. Most often, caskets, candlesticks, panels, ashtrays, cigarette cases, business card holders, stationery, flowerpots, watches are made from these minerals.
- Ceramics and porcelain. Tavolozhsk ceramics and pottery workshops are in great demand. Pots, vases, plates, cups and other clay products can be purchased at the Tavolozhskaya ceramics store. Sysert porcelain is a folk art craft of the Urals. Therefore, you can buy a porcelain figurine or a tea pair as a souvenir.
- Souvenirs of the royal family. The theme of the last tsar and his family is popular in Yekaterinburg. Such a souvenir can be brought to history lovers.
Travel around the cities of Russia! Do not forget to properly plan your trip, then it will definitely leave you pleasant memories.