КРЫМ. Севастополь. Ундервуд. Гаяна/Gayana. Закулисье. Крым экстрим x-fest 2017
Crimean post: what was the X-Fest Sevastopol
The sun, sea, live music and flights over the water - this is what united Sevastopol residents and guests of the city over the weekend.
The areas of the festival were the Khrustalny beach, Kornilov embankment and Nakhimov square. As part of the event, Crimea hosted the 1st National Skateboarding Cup of Sevastopol, as well as the 1st Open National Wakeboarding Championship, the winner of which was the 16-year-old athlete Nikolai Volokhov .
The championship managed to communicate with the young athlete between skating sessions.
- Kolya, hello! Today you are 16 years old. Why did you start wakeboarding at such a young age?
- The fact is that my mother (the pride of Soviet and Russian water skiing Natalya Rumyantseva. - Approx. Championship) - 24- multiple champion and absolute European champion in water skiing. Her record was not broken until the 2000s. Mom instilled in me a love for this unusual kind of sport. At 4 years old I started water skiing, then I had a big break. When my mother opened the Vo Club (water ski club), I saw people riding a wake, and I realized that I wanted to do the same. And I started doing this sport.
- You made it to the semifinals. Tell us about your feelings.
- I did not do exactly what I planned. I prepared a different program for these competitions, but did not take into account that there are no waves where I train. Due to the weather conditions (waves) I had to improvise a little. Besides, there are three passages, and I was counting on only two. Because of this, I now have to change the program on the fly. I hope the next performance will be more successful.
- What are your impressions of the festival?
- I really like it. It can be seen that people are interested in sports. Yesterday a girl came up to me and asked where I was studying, who was teaching me, etc. It's great that people are interested in such unusual sports as wake. The people here are very friendly and the atmosphere is pleasant.
- Tell us about Vo Club.
- Very cool place! We ride in Moscow, in the small Stroginsky Bay. Not only the best riders of Moscow train there, but also athletes from other cities. We host a lot of championships there. I'll be back from the festival and just get to the Moscow Championship, which will run until July 23.
- Big difference between skiing on the river and at sea?
- Huge. There are always waves at sea. In the bay where I train, the wind almost does not reach, therefore, there are no waves. Because of the waves, it is quite difficult to perform some tricks that are easy on calm water. But, I think, the professionalism of the rider lies in the ability to perform tricks on lin any water and in any wind.
- Plans for the near future?
- At the end of summer I am flying to Egypt for the European Championship. I will participate in my group (juniors), or maybe I will be able to participate in the strongest category - Open Man.
In addition to the wakeboarding championship, demonstration performances of flyboarders and aquabikers from St. Petersburg took place on the territory of the Khrustalny beach. The most daring and desperate girls were able to fly over the water with the athletes and got an unforgettable experience. The burning Crimean sun did not frighten the guests of the festival, the embankment was full of people for two days in a row.
On the first day, the festival was attended by the Acting Governor of Sevastopol Dmitry Ovsyannikov with his family. The head of the city watched the performances of aquabikers and flyboarders, talked with the guests of the festival and athletes, after which he moved to the Kornilov embankment, where he not only watched the skateboarders' performances, but played basketball and scored a three-pointer. On the streets of the city, in addition to special sports grounds, there were tables for ping-pong, table football and basketball hoops. The head of the city said that all these facilities, as well as skateboarding ramps, will remain in Sevastopol and will further be used during sports and entertainment city events.
A huge square in the city center was filled with people for two days, and this is not surprising, because bands such as Kirpichi and Underwood performed for festival guests as well as singer Guyana and popular rap artist GUF.
The organizer of the festival Yuri Pashkov announced that he plans to hold a sports festival next year, on a large scale.