How to Hula Hoop for Total Beginners
A simulator from childhood: how much do you need to do with a hoop to wind up your waist
Lately, many people are interested in home workouts and how to make them more effective. In this matter, we undeservedly forget about the good old hoop. It is inexpensive, it does not take up much space, and you can buy it at any sports equipment store. Let's figure out if the hoop will help you get rid of extra pounds and how much you need to wind up for this.
How to equip a gym at home? Choosing the right equipment with a trainer
Simple equipment will make your workouts even more effective.
Can you lose weight with a hoop?
Yes, if at the same time you are in a calorie deficit and perform a set of exercises in addition to these activities. For a full-fledged workout of muscles, a fitness hoop is still not suitable. Indeed, during the exercise, part of the load goes to the legs.
However, with daily exercises with hula hoop, the muscles that support the abdominal organs are strengthened. Develops flexibility and a sense of balance. Training with a hoop is an aerobic exercise that promotes fat loss. In addition, the hoop regulates lymph circulation.
How many do you need to spin the hoop?
At the initial stage, two sets of 30-40 minutes will be enough. Then you can gradually increase the intensity and duration of the exercise for greater effect. It should be noted that regularity is also important. It is best to spin the hoop every day, but you can start 4-5 times a week.
Fitball: all about the effectiveness of classes on a gymnastic ball
Such training pumps the whole body and does not require special physical preparation.
How to complicate the training?
We have chosen several options. It is better to start exercising on an empty stomach.
- Rotation in different directions. Perform rotation of the hoop 10 times in each direction. The number of approaches - 5 times.
- Rotation with closed legs. When you change the position of the legs, different muscles come into play. We do 20-25 rotations. Number of approaches - 4 times.
- Rotation while squatting. Feet shoulder-width apart, you need to unwind the hoop and sit down. We rotate the hoop for a couple of minutes. The number of approaches - 5 times.
- Rotation with walking. Rotate the hoop and take three steps forward and backward.
- Rotation with change of legs. With one leg forward, rotate the hoop. Change legs after two rotations.
How to choose the right hoop?
There are three types of hoops: gymnastic, massage and weighted. The first type - gymnastic - is not suitable for losing weight, since such equipment is too light.
Fitness, yogaor Pilates: how to choose a mat for home workouts
The main thing is to rely on your own preferences. The rest is dealt with together with the trainer.
The massage hoop, due to roughness or balls, additionally affects the muscles. It is useful for problems with the lower back or intestines. However, it is not designed for long workouts. The recommended time is 15 minutes.
Weighted hoops are suitable for weight loss workouts. For beginners, it is recommended to purchase a shell no heavier than 1.5 kg. The energy consumption when rotating such a hoop is higher. There are also options with a built-in counter that shows the number of revolutions and calories burned.
Can everyone do with a hoop?
It is better to refuse training with a hoop if:
- have liver and kidney diseases;
- diagnosed with spinal problems;
- there are postoperative stitches;
- there are chronic diseases of internal organs.